Friday, February 4, 2011

Praying and Wishing?

This next post is probably like anything I have blogged, put on facebook, or taken to twitter about ever- but I promise you if you bear with me, and are willing to see something from my point of view to learn about my thought process on the 2 things listed above, you might like this! Otherwise, scroll down and take a look at a video or something, cause this next post might not be for you- so if you are brave move onward! :)

I came across a blind statement from someone a little while ago, it struck a chord with me- the fact was someone was praying, and asking the god they believed in for favor- in church one might be taught to pray for guidance, but asking for favor among all the other men/woman in the world seemed a bit selfish to me. I was always taught that everyone is equal, and no man or person is greater than the other, you are only as strong as your weakest link. Then I got to thinking again, are the people who pray for favor then misguided? To have the thought that you above all other people deserve blessings from your "god" because you feel you are owed something, isn't that rather narcissistic- I mean really?

To think you are praying and being heard by "god" whom ever you choose to believe in when others might be praying simply for the well being of a sick loved one? or for a miracle cure for a disease even the smartest doctor can't cure for the sake of perhaps a dying spouse? Don't these seem to be more reasonable request then say- asking for money, or something for yourself, as if you are deserving of them.

Doesn't society alone teach us to work hard to get what we want?

It's funny one would pray for such a thing as that they have authority on a matter that might be deemed irrelevant to the world in crisis or that one could look at as selfish from a third party standpoint- I have heard that in many religions god will bless those who deserve it, not those who expect others to go out and get it for them- perhaps in time that lesson will be made more clear to those who don't seem to understand it. Even myself at times struggle with that very message- blessings come to those who "God" favors or believes is deserving, not those who just ask for something expecting things to happen- because they ask? Another example would be to say that you can wish on the star, but it can only shine the way, the work has to come from you, and within a time you might say the star was able to guide you- but in the end the payoff would be that you made your own way, and therefor were proud of your work. Wishing for something good to end, to bring you happiness is probably not the best way to go about good favor from the higher beings, or other believers that hard work does eventually pay off- as someone like me would want to say to you! It may not even be my place to have such thoughts, but when the thought occurred I scurried to get it down.

On the same token however, praying for knowledge and the betterment of ones self to me is not selfish, and perhaps a humble thing, its just ASKING FOR THINGS IN PRAYER, other than for a miracle for someone else that comes off wild to me... if you wanted something, anything is possible... GO GET IT- Don't sit around waiting on a prayer to be answered, otherwise you might be waiting along time, I like to think that "GOD" has the world in his hands, and therefor might have more important things to worry about then your wallet, or your personal wants.

This takes me back to the wishing star, one can look out and start the "I wish I may, I wish I might... have the wish I wish tonight..." routine, and this to me means you are making a concious wish to the universe, but in reverse, have you taken the steps for yourself to make that wish come true? have you thought of a way to obtain that for yourself, or are you sitting around waiting on the world to just unfold in your lap- little secret- THE WORLD WILL NEVER DO THAT- ALL GOOD THINGS COME WITH HARDWORK, AND THE PAYOFF IS THAT AMAZING FEELING YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET WHEN YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS- TRUST ME- I AM LEARNING THIS EVERYDAY MYSELF.

I know when I pray, I normally find myself thinking of other people, knowing somewhere out there already someone else is probably sending the same good vibes my way, and perhaps also putting a good word in for me.
I pray for peace and harmony, good will towards men! I don't think I could ever pray for money, or something that is materialistic in nature for the simple fact - in my life I think "God " has more important things to worry about.

I don't mean to offend anyone in this note: I just simply see post dealing with religion from time to time, but then they also often times seem very selfish to me.


Perhaps some of you may look at this and think the thought process doesn't flow- but I can say the idea is there- if you choose to find it. :)

No comments: