Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wicked: The Musical - A Cartoon! I'd Watch- little heart pumping the whole time in JOY!

The Article below is from Broadway.Com... Check it out!

A Wicked Cartoon? See One Animator's Dream of 'Defying Gravity'
By Broadway.com Staff February 10, 2011 - 5:31PM
Rumors about a movie version of the Broadway musical Wicked, from possible casting to potential directors, have been swirling for some time. Now animator Heidi Jo Gilbert has added her own voice to the conversation. Gilbert, an alum of Pixar, Disney and Nickelodeon, is also an avid Wicked fan, and with Jennifer Hager and Minkyu Lee, recently dedicated her talents to storyboarding the show’s signature number, “Defying Gravity,” with stunning results. Gilbert also wrote an open letter to Wicked composer Stephen Schwartz, asking if he would consider doing the film as an animated adaptation. Animation wouldn’t be a foreign endeavor for Schwartz, who co-wrote the scores for cartoon classics like Pocahontas, The Prince of Egypt and The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and will reportedly do the same for the upcoming animated feature The Monkeys of Bollywood. What are your thoughts? Check out Gilbert’s work below and then decide for yourself!

Defying Gravity Storyboards from Heidi Jo Gilbert on Vimeo.



Here's the open letter to Stephen Schwartz:

Dear Stephen Schwartz,
I know you can relate to the plight of loving a story, loving a medium, and trying to convince someone in power to see your vision! You did it with Marc Platt when you convinced him to make it a stage musical. I’m just approaching you with the same sincerity. Is it possible to talk you out of doing a live action movie adaptation? Would you consider doing a traditionally animated adaptation? In my heart I think the musical needs the medium, and I think the medium needs your musical. I just love them both so much and hopefully that shows through in the story reel.

Sincerely,
Heidi Jo Gilbert
-------------------------------------------------------
:) I hope your happy, I hope your happy now, cause this made me extremely happy! Read the original Broadway.com Article below- no copy infringment on purpose if I did, I just couldn't share the story to my blog, and I wanted my readers to see it... So I cut, copied and Pasted it!
:) ENJOY readers, if anyone gets in trouble, Ill tell them I was DEFYING GRAVITY, and then they will understand...
------ Bryce

No comments: